Season 2 of Barney & Friends aired from September 27, 1993 to November 21, 1993.
|1||31||||"Falling for Autumn!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||September 27, 1993|
|The kids are preparing for the school's fall festival.
New Songs: I Like Autumn
|2||32||||"Grandparents Are Grand!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||September 28, 1993|
|Derek's grandfather and Kathy's grandmother visit the school to tour the classroom and discuss about their childhood. When Tina misses her abuelo, she learns that a grandparent's love always exists.|
|3||33||||"May I Help You?"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||September 29, 1993|
|The kids show Barney their normal school routine. The kids perform "The Three Billy Goats Gruff"
New Songs: When I Walk Out of the Classroom
|4||34||||"Red, Blue and Circles Too!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||September 30, 1993|
|From flags to hoops, Barney shows the kids that colors and shapes exist all around them.|
|5||35||||"Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!"||Jim Rowley||October 1, 1993|
|After Clarence the Goose runs away, Mother Goose returns to the school for help. Barney and the children recite their favorite Mother Goose rhymes to lure Clarence back to Mother Goose.
New Songs: The Library
|6||36||||"Hoo's in the Forest?"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 4, 1993|
|After reading a story about forest animals, the kids wish that they could visit a forest. With a little imagination, Barney takes the kids to a forest - filled with animal sounds. The kids enjoy a special picnic.|
|7||37||||"I Can Do That!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||October 5, 1993|
|Barney, Baby Bop, and the kids discuss things that they can do. Barney brings out his special dancing shoes to dance in them for the first time.|
|8||38||||"Grown-Ups for a Day!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 6, 1993|
|By trying on different costumes and hats, the kids pretend have different careers. Barney brings some friends to the school to show the kids their career.
New Songs: A Silly Hat
|9||39||||"Picture This!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 7, 1993|
|Barney and the kids spend the day drawing pictures. Tomie dePaola drops by to show the kids how he draws pictures. Barney and the kids collaborate on their own original book.|
|10||40||||"Look at Me, I'm 3!"||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||October 8, 1993|
|It's Baby Bop's third birthday, so Barney and the kids throw her a surprise birthday party filled with activities and songs that use the number three. Baby Bop's brother BJ drops by to join in the fun.
New Songs: Look at Me, I'm Three (song)
|11||41||||"The Exercise Circus!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 11, 1993|
|Barney and the kids incorporate exercises into circus acts to show Tina that exercising can be fun. Joe Scruggs visits the school to share a silly song.|
|12||42||||"My Favorite Things"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||October 12, 1993|
|Barney and the gang show each other their favorite thing. Joe Ferguson visits to tell a story about shapes.|
|13||43||||"The Dentist Makes Me Smile"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 13, 1993|
|Shawn is worried about his loose baby tooth. Barney assures him that loosing teeth is natural for his age. Tosha and Kathy show Barney and the other kids the procedure of a dental check-up.
New Songs: Do You Ever Have Silly Things?
|14||44||||"Stop, Look and Be Safe!"||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||October 14, 1993|
|Michael shows his new crossing guard uniform to his friends. This leads to a discussion all about safety.
New Songs: Indoor-Outdoor Voices
|15||45||||"An Adventure in Make Believe"||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||October 15, 1993|
|To help BJ learn how to use his imagination, Barney develops an adventure in which his friends must help "a princess" find her way home.|
|16||46||||"The Alphabet Zoo"||Jim Rowley||October 18, 1993|
|The kids decide to create their own zoo, filled with animals that start with each letter of the alphabet. Aunt Molly drops by to share a story.
New Songs: The Tiger Song
|17||47||||"Having Tens of Fun!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 19, 1993|
|Barney's friend, Mr. Tenagain visits the school to show the kids fun counting activities. Meanwhile, Mr. Tenagain gives Baby Bop a special gift
New Songs: A Big Parade Of Numbers
|18||48||||"A Very Special Delivery!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||October 20, 1993|
|Tosha's special surprise is on the way. While they wait, Barney and the children discover different ways that make each of them special. Barney's friend Ella Jenkins shares some special songs with the kids.|
Season 2 CastEdit
- Barney (Body: David Joyner / Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Body: Jeff Ayers / Voice: Julie Johnson)
- BJ (Body: Jenny Dempsey / Voice: Patty Wirtz)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Kathy (Lauren King)
- Jason (Kurt Dykuizen)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel)
- David (Kenny Cooper)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Robert Hurtekant (played David, the wheelchair-bound boy in Falling for Autumn!)
- Cliff Porter (played Granddad Richards in Grandparents Are Grand!)
- Jane Hall (played Kathy's Nana in Grandparents Are Grand!)
- Sandy Walper (played Mother Goose in Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!)
- Ray Henry (played Clarence the Goose in Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!)
- Jenny Dempsey (played Mr. Bear in Hoo's in the Forest?)
- Doug and Becky (from Kathy Burks' marionettes in Grown-Ups for a Day!)
- Tomie dePaola (Picture This!)
- Jordan Kaufman (Stop, Look and Be Safe!)
- Joe Scruggs (The Exercise Circus!)
- Joe Ferguson (My Favorite Things)
- Mary Ann Brewer (played Aunt Molly in The Alphabet Zoo)
- R Bruce Elliott (played Mr. Tenagain in Having Tens of Fun!)
- Ella Jenkins (A Very Special Delivery!)
- J.D. Mosley (played Tosha's Mom in A Very Special Delivery!)
- David J. Courtney (played Tosha's Dad in A Very Special Delivery!)
- This season marks:
- The final season in which Kathy Parker serves as an executive producer.
- The first appearances of BJ, Julie, and Jason.
- The first and only appearance of David.
- The final appearances of Michael and Tina. Michael would later guest star in Sing and Dance with Barney, and Tina would later guest star in On the Move.
- The only season to be closed-captioned by the National Captioning Institute. The episodes released on Home Video were closed-captioned by the Caption Center WGBH Educational Foundation except Familes are Special.
- The Playground got a slight redesign this season, as there are no swings and no huge platform (instead opting for a smaller jungle gym) like in Season 1. The classroom was also redesigned, looking nothing like it did in the first season.
- David never appeared with Julie, Tina, Michael, or Derek in an episode.
- A new Barney doll is used for this season. This Barney doll marks the very first time it has yellow toes since A Day at the Beach. It would later be used again in Season 3.
- Barney's voice becomes higher than his Playing it Safe and Barney's Campfire Sing Alongs voices. The costume also went through minor changes. This costume was actually used in My Family's Just Right for Me.
- The Baby Bop costume becomes shorter to represent her age.
- The Barney Bag also received a redesign (looking nothing like its Season 1 counterpart), which went on from this season up to Season 6.
- Like subsequent seasons afterward, with the exception of Season 7-13 the opening sequence is totally reshot and re-edited. However, the closing shot of the Season 1 Barney doll on the tire swing remains mostly the same, with a minor re-edit done to the "twinkle" in Barney's eye.
- Shawn starts wearing glasses this season.